Curly braids are a gorgeous way to style natural hair or add some bounce and volume to straight locks. From box braids with curly ends to knotless braids and more, these braided hairstyles with curly hair are fun, fresh and fabulous!
- Curly braiding hair comes in different textures to match your own curls or create contrast.
- Styles like curly box braids and curly goddess braids add length and definition.
- Keep your scalp healthy when braiding by moisturizing the hair and massaging the scalp.
- Change up your look with half braided, half curly styles.
- Maintain your curls between takes down by wrapping or pinning up braids at night.
Braids with curly ends are one of the hottest trends right now, giving you gorgeous definition and bounce. Whether you opt for box braids curly ends or another creative style, these looks are fun and versatile.
Different Types of Curly Braids
From short curly braids to long, flowing locks, different braided styles work for all hair lengths and textures.
Knotless Braids with Curly Ends
Knotless braids with curly ends have a seamless look, with no visible knots at the roots. They create the appearance that your natural hair simply flows into the braided hair. Popular styles include:
- Jumbo knotless braids with curly ends – Thick, rope-like braids make a statement
- Medium knotless braids with curly ends – Great compromise between volume and length
- Small knotless braids with curly ends – Many slender braids for a cool cascading effect
Curly ends knotless braids can be done in a range of colors, from classic jet black to vivid red, blonde and pastels.
Box Braids with Curly Ends
Box braids curly ends are another gorgeous option. These have a square rather than round shape for bold definition. Styles include:
- Jumbo box braids with curly ends – Dramatic and eye-catching
- Long box braids with curly ends – Elegant extra length
- Short box braids with curly ends – Cute cropped style
Box braids don’t have to be black – try ombre box braids fading from dark roots to light ends for cool contrast.
|Smooth, seamless look
|Square shape for definition
|Hair extensions blend with your natural hair
|Many tiny braids sit close to the scalp
Caring for Your Curly Braids
To keep your braids beautiful, here are some essential hair care tips:
- Moisturize daily – Spritz hair with water or leave-in conditioner and seal in moisture with oil. Focus on the ends.
- Wrap hair at night – Use a silk scarf or bonnet to maintain curl definition and prevent frizz.
- Keep scalp clean – Eliminate buildup by gently massaging the scalp with your fingertips and rinsing clean.
- Avoid harsh manipulation – Don’t overbrush hair when styling to prevent damage and breakage.
It’s also important not to leave braids in too long. Rebraid the hair every 6-8 weeks to prevent matting, encourage hair growth and maintain a healthy scalp.
Half Up, Half Down Curly Braided Styles
For soft, romantic styles, braided updos are gorgeous. Try these beautiful half up, half down looks:
Curly French Braids
French braids with curly hair create neat plaits that transition smoothly into waves and ringlets. For formal events or date night, swept up French braids paired with cascading curls are très chic!
Curly Faux Hawk
Faux hawks with braids or twists leading into spiraled texture amp up the edge. It’s a cool, unexpected blend of styles – perfect for bold beauties.
Curly Bubble Braids
Playful bubble braids curly hair ups the whimsy factor. Alternating bubbled texture with free-flowing spirals and waves channels ethereal woodland fairy energy.
Choosing Curly Braiding Hair
The texture, length and quality of extension hair impacts the finished look and longevity of your protective style. Consider:
Hair type – For natural hair, match the curl pattern. For straight hair, create contrast with loose waves or ringlets.
Texture – Light and airy hair blends best with fine, thin locks. Coarse hair suits those with dense, textured manes.
Length – Dramatic XXL lengths work well for volume. Shoulder-length hair is great for ease of styling.
Origin – Remy human hair minimizes tangling and shedding. Synthetic hair offers vivid colors at an affordable cost.
Hi there! I’m M.Afzal, a passionate and experienced hair stylist with a love for creating unique and trendsetting looks. With years of expertise in the industry, I’m dedicated to sharing top-notch advice and inspiring ideas to elevate your hairstyle game. Join me on this journey of beauty and self-expression as we explore the captivating world of peekaboo braids and much more!